Friday, September 23, 2016

Vets Are Moochers Says GOPer

Boehner’s GOP replacement slurs veterans as ‘moochers’ and ‘pretenders’ for seeking VA care:

Donald Trump-backing Ohio Republican is defending his claims that “moochers” and “pretenders” are overwhelming the Veterans Affairs’ health care system with fraudulent claims — even though there’s little evidence of abuse...
This one hits me right where I live. In the late 60s I was injured in a military operation. In addition to hearing loss, I also had back and neck injuries. I was treated in a hospital for lacerations and sent on my way. A year later, back in the states, I went to the base hospital because my hearing was getting worse and my back was hurting. The doctor accused me of trying to get a discharge, which was insane since I wanted to make a career of the military. Years later, after multiple attempts and multiple varying excuses, I can still get no help from the VA. Their latest excuse was, as a SS and NC teacher's pensioner, I make too much money. Yeah, there are lying deadbeats milking the VA, but all the money they steal is a drop in the bucket compared to the money wasted on projects like the F-35, and for every one of those grifters, there are at least a dozen veterans who are denied benefits but deserve them. 

No comments: